Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Weekend adventure

It started on Friday...and its been quite a ride ever since, I tell you. Friday night I left the house later than I had planned or wanted (no surprise there, that's common for me.) Took Pan down to her grandma's, but when we got there there was no answer on the door. I gave her a call, no answer. We waited about 15 minutes or so, no grandma. I ended up calling mom and making sure I could bring her down with me. The plan for the weekend was that I would come down to mom's to move some boxes and get the rooms ready for our move. Friday I was going to meet a friend for dinner at 8 pm...never happened.
By the time I'd gotten down to mom's, dropped Pan off and said hello to Garrett, my friend had decided that he was too tired to wait and left for home. Of course, I didn't get this message until I arrived at the Denny's, so I must have just missed him. Damn the luck. I feel really bad for missing him and for the fact that due to poor planning and lack of luck, I was an hour and a half or so late. I don't blame him for leaving.
Saturday I had plans to meet Bryan for breakfast. This included going to pick him up at 9:30 am...not too early but early enough for me to be able to get things done in the afternoon. It was more like 10 am when I picked him up...the best laid plans. I woke up at like 6 am, and was awake...planned to get ready at 8:30 and leave by 9 am, with both kids in tow. Had the baby all ready, Pan was mostly ready....and grandma was in the bathroom. This is -not- a quick process...so, at the time I was wanting to get changed, and get ready....I couldn't. ARGH!!! I forgot what that was like (Uh, yeah, thanks for the reminder, Grandma!)
So, at 9:30, I beat feet to Bryan's house, picked him up and drove down to the Denny's. Breakfast went well, and Bryan and I chatted for some time. Ruth had plans to call me and join us for some shopping. She called, joined us at Denny's after breakfast. We drove back to mom's, dropped the baby off. Ended up that Pan's grandma called D, who sent along the message that she was home and in the back, but would have the phone with her. Pan decided that she did want to go to her grandma's, so we packed everyone but the baby up, headed up to Brier on the way back up to Everett. We hit Enemy Tattoo to check some things out, and that took a bit to find as I'm horrible at remembering exactly where it is. After an afternoon of talking and shopping, we came home and sat around trying to figure out what to do. I talked to mom a little about what to do with some of the stuff in the room, and talked about cleaning the house for company on Sunday.
D was off work at 10 pm, so came down to mom's house. Bryan, D, Ruth and I all headed down to Denny's for dessert. We had a spunky waitress :) I liked her. After awhile at Denny's we decided to check out Castle, just to see what they had and for something to do. This is where the adventure part comes in...
We leave Castle to go drop Bryan off, as its now 2 am and everyone's getting tired. We got a couple blocks from the store..and the brakes lock. No kidding. I mean, the car ain't moving..nowhere for nothin'. We're stuck in a lane and blocking traffic. Yippee. I can't believe how many people will sit behind a car with 4 way flashers on and nobody in it. Lucky for us there wasn't a lot of traffic at that time of night..not like there can be downtown.
I called mom, who had to wake the baby and come get us. She called AAA who said they'd be there 'within the hour, but probably soon' since we were blocking traffic. Of course, it took mom about an hour to get there between getting herself dressed and moving and the baby and of course driving time. It wasn't until we'd been sitting for an hour or more that the first cop came by to check out the car. Never one around when ya need....
The tow truck was pretty quick, thankfully. It was still 4 or 4:30 am by the time we were able to come home and sleep. I was soooooo tired. Unfortunately, even with the interuption to sleep, I have a morning child. And this morning, he woke me up at about 7, I think. I gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep until about 9 or so. I got up because he wasn't gonna go back to sleep and came downstairs.
I spent the morning cleaning house with mom while Ruth so kindly watched the baby (Thank you -so- much!). My uncle Bill's birthday was the other day, and he requested a bbq here. We had everyone over, and even Ausha and Matt showed, yay! While cleaning, my Aunt Sis and Uncle Ellis called and wanted to see grandma since they were on this side of the mountains. They ended up staying for the bbq. During all this, D went up to get Mike so they could come back down here and fix the car. Ugh.
The car -is- fixed and seems to be running well. Thankfully. D took it to work tonight..he's working extra to learn the forklift. I hope this pans out for him, as it will mean a pay increase...and more job opportunities. Busy, busy day. Things went great...Ruth left in the late afternoon, and everyone else left in the early evening. It was a beautiful day, and company was very pleasant. The food was great, and the cake was delicious. Yuuummmm. Garrett was really cranky toward the end..poor kid had only an hour nap all day long.
I'm so very tired. Tomorrow, its back at the boxes so that we can clear the rooms. Blerg. Thanks Spex! I appreciate not having to drive :P


( 12 comments — Drop A Feather )
Jun. 27th, 2004 11:18 pm (UTC)
so you're moving in with your mom??
Jun. 27th, 2004 11:19 pm (UTC)
ohh and tell your mom I said HI!!!
Jun. 30th, 2004 11:59 pm (UTC)
I will!! And, yes, moving back there for now :)
Jun. 28th, 2004 12:04 pm (UTC)
I hear you run into the strangest people in Denny's.
Jun. 29th, 2004 01:13 am (UTC)
You mean people like you? ;)
Jun. 28th, 2004 02:39 pm (UTC)
Could you pass a message on?
Please tell D. that Linda and Steve said hello? I don't know if he remembers us, but we hope so.
It sounds like he really has a late schedule, but we'd like to try to look him (and you) up to say hi.
Thank you.
Jun. 30th, 2004 11:11 pm (UTC)
Re: Could you pass a message on?
I'll pass the message :)
Jun. 28th, 2004 05:31 pm (UTC)
heh.. Your summary of the weekend vs. mine. lol. I can never remember all the details. :o)
Jun. 29th, 2004 06:14 am (UTC)
Come out of this person in the name of Jesus Christ.
Repent, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Jesus Christ was crucified and died for the
sins of the world, and rose again to life on
the third day.

demons, be silent and come out of this person now
in the name of Jesus Christ, the son of God, and
enter them no more.

Mark 1:27 And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him."

Mark 7:20-23 And the LORD Jesus Christ said, "What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person."

John 3:19 The light has come into the world, and people who do evil things are judged guilty because they love the dark more than the light.
Jun. 30th, 2004 09:45 pm (UTC)
Come Out of This Journal in the Name of Freakin' Sense
Interesting, talking about the light while hiding in the dark of anonymity.

Shoo, little missionary. Her faith is just fine.
Jul. 1st, 2004 12:08 am (UTC)
Re: Come Out of This Journal in the Name of Freakin' Sense
hahahahaha....I love it :)
Jul. 1st, 2004 12:07 am (UTC)
Re: Come out of this person in the name of Jesus Christ.
This might make more sense if I were posting something that included faith...but as I have not, I believe its a bit misplaced. Please excuse your bible-thumping self from my journal before I have to teach you a thing or two about what you quote.

( 12 comments — Drop A Feather )